Monday, January 8, 2018

ATC Valentines



Here are 2 Valentines I cut in a 5 x 3-1/2 size. I folded them in half on the 5" side to make an ATC sized valentine - perfect for little hands. Better yet, you can make 5 of these from one sheet of cardstock. I used stitched square dies from Gina Marie Designs to cut the white square, then used a SU! Window Box thinlet die to cut the design in the center. I placed it on a panel of real red cardstock, cut with a MFT fishtail banner, then stamped a sentiment from SU! Teeny Tiny Wishes onto black with Versamark ink, and heat-embossed it with white ep. I used my hexagon punch to cut the fishtails on the ends.
I made quite a few of these in different colors for the Cards from the Heart drive shown on my sidebar. I need to get a few more done and get these into the mail as she needs them by the end of the month! Christmas is just behind us and now Valentine's day is rapidly approaching! Gotta get a move-on!

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great Monday!

Carol

13 comments:

Wendy said...

These are adorable, Carol! Love how simple these are and that center piece that is stitched & diecut is just the perfect thing for your Valentine's Day cards! Love these! TFS and Happy Monday! :)

wannabcre8tive said...

Such a pretty Valentine's Day card. You have made it in one of my favorite color combo's. I really like the hearts die you used.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Look at you go with these smaller sized Valentines. You are so right with them being perfect for small hands.That little stitched square with the punched center really pops. Awesome!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How lovely!!! Two perfect cards for valentine! Love how you made the fishtails with the very pretty design onto the white squares! They have a fabulous look! Thanks for the inspiration!! :)

cotnob said...

Beautiful Valentine cards Carol, elegant red and white designs.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Such cute little Valentines. I have to get busy making a few too! But I will use a larger canvas for mine.

JD/ Jill said...

How cute! And a great idea!

Liz said...

These are so cute, Carol! I love the little die cut in the centre. xx

MaryH said...

So pretty, and I love your idea of using the thinlets to create the center design. It reminds me of the Dutch folk art designs, and it's so pretty with that lovely bright red background. The black fishtail banner really stands out, and some little sweetheart is going to just love receiving this pretty thing. TFS & Hugs

Camille Short said...

These are so adorable!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So very pretty, these will be enjoyed I know.
Faith
x

Stampsnob. said...

Very pretty I llike the center die ..........lis

Janice M said...

Oh these are so cute! I kinda miss making little valentines with my nieces. That die is perfect for Valentines.