Monday, November 6, 2017

2018 Calendar


Splitcoast stampers has a great tutorial for making easel calendars that will fit in an A2 envelope, so I gave it a go and made one from snippets in my stash.
The card base is Melon Mambo and I used a snippet of oyster cardstock to mat the SU! retired dsp. The dragonfly is a recycle from a card that was sent to me. It had been silver embossed, but I added some Copic fluorescent colors to give it some life and added a big gemstone to the body for some sparkle. The "2018" was done with my Quickutz and Olivia numbers. The tutorial includes the file to print the calendars too, so I've already made several of these and hope to make more. They will be a nice addition to a gift basket or a nice surprise in the mail.

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great week ahead.

Carol

9 comments:

Wendy said...

OH, how I love this, Carol! I love anything 3D! I have never made an easel calendar but after seeing yours I might have to give it a whirl! Love that these make such wonderful gifts to start off the New Year and the best part, they fit in a regular envelope! I really love that dragonfly, too! Thank you for always sharing your awesome idea's with us! Have a great day! Hugs~

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great calendar idea!

cotnob said...

A super calendar Carol, such a pretty dragonfly.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Liz said...

Great idea for a calendar, Carol. The dragonfly is so pretty. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, fabulous!!! Not only this is a great idea, but so well realized, too! Wonderful dragonfly, with lovely colors and gem for the body, and the design is so pretty! And then, you made it using snippets, great work! :D
TFS the tutorial, very useful!

aussie aNNie said...

Great minds think alike, I just printed up a calendar for next year and work in progress. Love this.xx[aNNie]🎄

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Oh cool... I must try that! What a brilliant idea!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! what a an absolute delight, it would be fabulous all year.
Faith
x

Barb said...

What a great idea and it's so pretty Carol. Barbxx