Tuesday, August 1, 2017

TMS #414


Today my card has a music-theme and I guess because I'm a country music fan, I had that in mind when I made this card. The guitar and boots are images from a SU! set called Country Living, and I colored them with Copics and then fussy cut them. The background they're on was a kraft panel, sponged with white ink through a Tim Holtz Stone Layering stencil. I die-cut the finished panel with a Lil Inker stitched rectangle, then matted it with early espresso cardstock. The vanilla background was embossed with a Darice brick wall ef and matted with red before placing on an espresso card base. The guitar picks were made with Lawn Fawn's coordinating dies for their trick or treat stamp set, and they're actually to cut out candy corn stamped images, but they reminded me of guitar picks, so I went with that thought. I cut them from red and covered them with glossy accents then sprinkled them with fine glitter and let them dry overnight. They even feel like plastic once they're dry! LOL The little musical notes were done with a stamp from Lawn Fawn's Winter Sparrows. The sentiment is a computer-generated digital from Gingers House which I've had for a long time and just now got around to printing.


Here's what the inside looks like. I stamped a music-themed background with an unmarked wooden stamp and some crumb cake ink, adding a sentiment and some musical notes (both) by Stampabilities.


and of course, here's this week's Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge #414 which I used to make this card.

Please take a moment to check my DT member's creations for this sketch too, and then use the sketch to create a card and come play along with us.








Thanks for stopping by and have yourself a fabulous day!

Carol



18 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous! Love those boots and guitar, super sentiment.xx[aNNie]

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, what a great idea to use candy corn to create your guitar picks - super boots.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wanda said...

Stunning card! Love so many of the fantastic elements you added especially your creativity to see guitar picks out of the candy corn die (genius!)

Wendy said...

What a FABULOUS card, Carol! I so love all that you've done on this one right down to the boots and sentiments! I'm giving you 2 thumbs up on this amazing card! Great job as always! TFS and stay cool today....it's definitely heating up outside! Hugs~

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The guitar pick embellishment is so creative! Great card!

*Vicki* said...

My mom would love that country card! She is a big country music fan! Love how you've put the guitar picks for the accents too! Very clever! I also love the inside of the card too!! Such a brilliant take on the sketch my friend! HUGS

Brenda said...

Love this card Carol! The sentiments are so true but it is those boots and that hat that has me saying Yew Haw! lol I like country music but also other music. I guess I'm not picking about music! Hugs, Brenda

Stampsnob. said...

Music and dance that is all one needs ...........Lis

Janice M said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love everything about it, from those guitar picks to the way you did the inside to match. A winner for sure!

aussie aNNie said...

I have birthday candy please enter if you wish to do so...xx
[aNNie]

Darnell said...

As a boot-stompin' knee-slappin' country music lover myself, I adore this card, Carol! And how you made those geetar picks is pure genius!! Great on the inside, too! Hugs, Darnell

Liz said...

Perfect card for the Country Music fan. Great design, the elements go so well together. I love how you've decorated the inside too. xx

Barb said...

I love this card Carol. Lots of interest and super images. I like country music too. Hubby and I used to square dance. Barbxx

Debbie said...

Wonderful card, Carol, both inside and out!! I love your sentiment!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, wow!!! This is a supercard!! Love very much how you realized the musical theme with the amazing sentiment, the guitar and boots and the brilliant use of the treats diecuts to make guitar picks!!! So creative as always!! Love the embossing! The notes and the sentiment inside compliment the card perfectly!
Very well done!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE this card, Country music is something I like to listen too, this sums up the feeling beautifully.
Faith
x

Melissa Craig said...

Fabulous card! I love those boots.

Patti said...

Your guitar picks are ingenious Donna!!! Cute card!