Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Let Your Dreams Set Sail


Hello and a very happy July 4th to everyone who celebrates it today.

It's time for the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge #410. I'm happy and delighted to tell you I've been added to the DT of this fun challenge and I look forward to playing with some great sketches in the future. This week's challenge is to follow the sketch and use die cuts.

Tuesday Morning Sketches is celebrating their 8th anniversary with a month-long list of challenges and weekly prizes plus a big prize to be won at the end of the month, so be sure to play along with us for your chance to be in the drawing. 

My card today includes 3 little sailboat die-cuts done with an I.O. die set. I used GinaMarieDesigns stitched square dies to cut the Lawn Fawn blue dsp squares and used a snippet piece of Lawn Fawn plaid dsp along with a Taken with Teal mat. The snippet of pastel blue paper was done with a CB swiss dots ef and the sentiment was computer generated. I found 3 tiny teal stars in my stash and added one to the sails on the boats.

Here's the sketch if you want to play along and remember to use a die cut which is this week's theme. You can find the challenge HERE.



Be sure to check the cards my fellow DT members created by clicking the links below:



Thanks for stopping by and as you celebrate Independence day, please be careful and have fun too!

Carol

19 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Yay! Congrats to you Carol on your DT assignment! You've started out with an amazing creation too!! Love the little sailboats and your colors!! Wonderful take on the sketch my friend!! Have a great day today! HUGS

aussie aNNie said...

Great card and love your take on the sketch. The die is gorgeous..x
[aNNie]

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Congrats to your appointment to the DT! I might just have to give them a try each week!Maybe my use of sketches will improve! Love how you used those little boats!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Congrats on your DT spot! Your card is just lovely. The mix of patterned papers and those sweet die cut sailboats is just so sweet over the swiss dots background. You are a very talented cardmamker and this DT spot is well deserved! Have fun!

Jenée said...

Super card. I so like the sweet little sailboats and the soft color palette!

Jean said...

Congratulations on the DT appointment. I love this card, the little sailboats are so sweet and your choice of colours and patterns work so well. A great interpretation of the sketch.
Jean x

Melissa Craig said...

Such a super sweet card, Carol. I love those little sailboats and the paper is perfect with them. So glad you've joined our team.

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, a great take on the sketch.
Congratulations on your DT spot.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Liz said...

Congratulations on joining the DT. Beautiful card, I love the plaid patterned paper, it really sets off the cute little boats. xx

Darnell said...

Congratulations, Carol! What an asset you will be to the Team! I shall add them to my list. I love your darling nautical take on the sketch! That's one of my favorite pp pads!! Hugs, Darnell

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a sweet and dreamy card. I love the sailboat die. Congrats on your design team selection.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GREAT sentiment and the boats and design are just perfect.
Faith
x

Wendy said...

This card is darling, Carol! Congrats again on your DT gig! So happy you said yes! This card and those sailboats are so adorable! Love that paper and your embossed background panel! TFS

Debbie said...

What a beautiful card! Pretty colors, and I love the tiny sail boats!
So glad you've joined our team!!! :)

Barb said...

Congratulations on your Design Team spot Carol. Another lovely card using that pretty paper. The little boats are lovely and what a super sentiment. Barbxx

Shelia said...

I really like your sailboat card. The colors and dp are perfect. Those sailboats are so inviting! Makes me want to be out on the water!

Congrats on being chosen to join the DT at TMS. I'm looking forward to seeing your creations there!

Patti said...

Welcome welcome aboard Carol I thought Sunday would be on our team you've been such a great participant for so long and I love your cards!! The little red hearts on the sailboats are such a perfect touch this is a great card of course - it's by you!!

JD/ Jill said...

Super cute card! Great way to use that sketch! Congrats to you for for being chosen to be on the the DT! Maybe I should start giving that challenge a try...I always have trouble using sketches!

Janice M said...

You're sure rockin that plaid paper! You better grab another one quick. ;-)