Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Masculine Birthday


I'm trying to focus more on using the leftover bits of dsp I've accumulated through the years instead of buying more. [can you say paper addict?] This card has a lot of banners cut with some retired SU! Parisian Breeze paper that I've loved from the day I bought it.  It always reminded me of old worn, men's pajamas for some reason, so I've used it mostly on masculine cards. I used a plaid embossing folder for the background and just hand-cut banners in assorted lengths and widths, then added a circle sentiment panel (LOTV) with some assorted brads for embellishments.

I'm sharing this over at the Snippets Playground #231 where the only requirement is to use snippets.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're enjoying a great Wednesday!

Carol



11 comments:

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Very nice! I do like the soft worn feel of the papers on this card. Perfect for the dudes!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful match of texture and layers, your card has a pretty dimension!! Great use of snippets, too! It's a perfect men's card! ...I'm not be able to make men's card, so thanks for the inspiration!

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, a brilliant masculine design and great colours.
Pauline
x

Brenda said...

Wow, I have been away far to long! What fabulous cards you have been making Carol! I just love that cute Memorial day one, just adorable! I also love the beautiful flower you did for your friend who is battling cancer. Sure do hate that word!!! My prayers are with your friend. And this masculine card is fabulous as well. Love the colors you used as well as the papers-snippets! lol Love that embossing folder too. Hoping not to get so far behind anymore, but it is summer and so much yard work to do. Hope you are staying cool. Hugs, Brenda

Barb said...

A lovely male card Carol and really lovely colour combination. I like the texture and all the banners. Barbxx

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous creation and love the colour combo's used here....xx
{aNNie}

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is soft yet masculine. Love how it came out. A big high five for using from the stash. It worked to perfection!

*Vicki* said...

Wow!! What a stunning masculine design here Carol!! Love the texture in the background and your color combo is fantastic!! :) HUGS

Di said...

And another perfect card from you Carol! I adore the soft blues with the brown - just perfect for a chap. And yes, reminds me of PJs too :)

Hugs

Di xx

Jean said...

I really like the colours and textures you have used for this lovely card. A great card for a man.
Jean x

scrappymo! said...

This masciline card looks fab. You are right, that DP looks very much like guys clothing...perfect for this card.

|I am working on my DP stash as well. Just spent a few hours cutting up 12x12 scrapbook papers that had small scale patterns. I will use them to make card kits. Usually 12x12 paper pads have 4 of each design. Perfect for making kits for many people. Each sheet can be cut down to 6 inch squares and that sure helps.

Mind you, I could kits cards for 20 years and still have paper left over! teehee