Saturday, April 23, 2016

Full Pleated Cards


I saw this card on Pinterest that included a tutorial, so I decided to make one of my own. Last year I scored a big pack of this pretty double sided dsp (Soho Garden by American Crafts) at Tuesday Morning for a great price, so I paired it with some Midnight Muse and white cardstock. The layered flower was done with 3 different SU! punches, and the centers were done with a little circle die from the Poppystamps holly & berry leaves set. I popped up the flowers with foam dimensionals after curling them a bit with a bone folder. The sentiment is (r) from SU! I decided to make a 2nd one.........


 I reversed the dsp sides and paired it with some SU! Coastal Cabana cardstock; otherwise it was done exactly like the first one. I think this design would make a very pretty Mother's Day card too, because it's so feminine and frilly.

These will be heading to the Snippets Playground #226 where you need to use your snippets.

I'm also sharing them over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge which is to "make it girlie."

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!


Carol


20 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE this Carol, now you are glad we are friends, right, so the card can travel to Australia, love it.xxx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I really like this! The paper is super, and so fun that you were able to use both sides of the paper in your pleat and in the flower. The sentiment is so sweet. Great CAS card!

cotnob said...

Fabulous cards Carol, beautiful papers and your pleats are perfect.
Have a lovely weekend.
Pauline
x

JD/ Jill said...

Oh Wow! What neat cards you made here with that pretty designer paper. I have made a card with the pleat on one side...but not with two. Looks really neat this way. Very nicely done!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Fantastic! BTW, thanks for the super directions, yesterday!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such a great folding and the dp are really wonderful!!! The flowers look great and with a perfect match! Love so much these cards, I can't choose a favourite, they are both adorable!
I pinned the first one, anyway :)
https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524482496230/

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both beautiful cards, the pleating is so even, just BEAUTIFUL

Barb said...

Another paper pleated card. Love it. The paper is very pretty. Barbxx

sendasmile4kids said...

Wow Carol. Thanks so much for sharing this. I love how crisp your folds are and your paper choices are wonderful. Going to put this on my "to do". Have a great weekend (the rain stopped here).

Stampsnob. said...

Ive seen this pleat before but only half this is lovely Lis

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wow! Love this double pleated card. It looks a bit fiddly to create, but wow! It has some style to it! And shows off your fabulous DP really well. I like that triple punched flower. Layered flowers really have some pizzazz.

Di said...

Beautiful cards Carol! Love the pleating technique and the flowers are lovely in alternating layers too.

Hugs

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

This is fab Carol and would have been so perfect or my fancy folds challenge. I love the papers you have used.Hugs Mrs A.

Sarn said...

Fabulous technique and you've made lovely cards with it Carol.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Gayatri said...

Beautiful folds on the paper. Fab card. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Make it Girlie challenge
Gayatri xx

*Vicki* said...

That is such a cool idea!! I really love the pleated technique on your card design!! The papers are so pretty and what a great win there!! Love that pretty flower too!! HUGS

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is gorgeous!! thanks for sharing the link

Brenda said...

I love this card. I haven't seen this kind of fold. Is there a video I can follow how to make this lovely card?

sodell said...

I love your full pleated card!! I have done the half pleated, but not the full. Is there a tutorial available for the full pleated card? That would be great! I also love your color combinations! Isn't that great when you have a good supply of double sided cardstock/paper? Its hard to find these days.... Thanks so much, Stacy

Diane17Lynne said...

I love this card. Wonderful paper, too. Can you please let me know the link for the tutorial? Much appreciated.