Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Thank You

This card is for two challenges. The Stars & Stamps midweek throwdown is to make a thank-you card, and the Simon Says Wednesday challenge is "anything goes."
This one went together quickly with some basic elements, and now that I see the finished picture, I wish I'd stamped the sentiment in the same yellow card stock. The white looks bluish in the photo, but it's bright white IRL.
The flowers were done with a SU! Pansy punch and the centers were done with a SU! Boho Blossom punch with mini brads in the centers. The SU! sentiment panel was done with a Mosaic punch just for fun. The black panel was embossed with the SU! Vine Street folder, and the yellow card stock is by Bazzill.

We just went through round 2 of exterminating carpenter ants today. Yuuk! Just when we thought they were all gone, another colony appeared! It keeps me awake at night knowing ants took up residence somewhere in our house! EWwww!!

Have a great Wednesday and may your day be ant-less :)

Carol

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

Carol, I actually like that pop of blue on this! The flowers are so pretty and the blue just sets everything off perfect.

Yikes on the ants!!!!!!!

Lynn

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty. Love your flowers and the embossing.
I agree with Lynn - yikes on the ants!!!

Unknown said...

Love the clean look of your card!

Benzi said...

So pretty with such a fresh look. Love it!

Good riddance to the ants, huh? Hope you're rid of them for good.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Sorry you found more ants! Darn! You sure can make the simplest of cards, look so super special. I did think the sentiment was on a light blue, but I kind of liked it, as an extra pop.

nancy y said...

Love seeing this, I just got those stamps and punch, gives me inspiration! I think the pop of color makes the statement a focal point!

Darnell said...

I'm with you, Carol, I hate them, and they never seem to be completely exterminated! I hope this last round did it, though!

Isn't that funny about the color in the photo? I was thinking, no, not the same color as the card base, I really like that pop of blue, and then I read on... white? LOL! It's very pretty, either way!!

JD/ Jill said...

Card is really nicely done, I like those flowers. Amazing that blue is actually white...

Donna Hanley said...

Carol, you always make a flower really shine on your cards. Love the combo of the two punches with the mini brad. This is a striking card and I will keep this in the back of my mind to CASE. I do hope round 2 is the last one you have to have. Those darn carpenter ants can break down a house. Enjoy today my friend.

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous, stylish card.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv
Debby