Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Summer Colors, Flowers & Doilies

I made a colored background a long time ago by sponging on some summery colors and then stamping a SU! doily image in the center with bleach. It gave a really nice, light & summery look, so I cut the background into two pieces,  added some tiny punched flowers and black rhinestones to the centers, and finished it with a CASual Friday's sentiment. Since I split the background piece in 2, I made a 2nd card.


This one is slightly different as I added some assorted colored gemstones and pearls to the top. I had to - I had a few glue smudges that needed to be covered up. I think I like this version a little better so that oops! moment turned out to be a plus :)
I wish I could give you the exact colors I used, but I made this a while ago and just threw it into a box of pre-made backgrounds so I could only guess. The flowers were done with a Fiskars punch and done with color-coordinating scraps of cardstock. All gems and pearls are from Pizzazz Aplenty.

I'm entering this card into the Oozak challenge #17 - anything goes with a girlie theme, as well as the Shopping our Stash challenge #109 which is to use a summer theme or summer colors.

I hope you're enjoying your summer so far and staying cool :)

Carol

13 comments:

XxJULESxX said...

Wow it's gorgeous Carol very striking!

Renee said...

Very pretty!

jimlynn said...

All those pretty colors remind me of snow cones!!!! LOVE IT and yes, I had to pin it too. Both are so pretty and love that design! I need to figure out how I can CASE these!
Lynn

Benzi said...

Ooh, la, la..I really love this, Carol. It's fun and pretty at the same time. Those sponged doilies are great and I really like the gemstones on the second one.

JD/ Jill said...

Both are pretty, Carol. I have had so many oops moments...and sometimes you do learn things in those oops moments...and sometimes I didn't LOL My trashcan just got filled in those moments. Hope you're keeping cool!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Nice oops! Lynn says sno-cones, and I say cotton candy! So soft and delightful!

Loly Borda said...

Wow! Both are gorgeous Carol! Love the colorful background and the stream of delicate flowers, so lovely! TFS

Darnell said...

Super cool cards, Carol! I would totally love a dress based on your creations! Honestly, we have card challenges where we make cards based on fashion; designers should be using your cards to design their fashions!! Stunning ~ even better that part of it happened because of a smoodge!!

Katy said...

Wow! These are both so pretty! Love how you did the bottom part and outlined it with the flowers! :)

Mrs A. said...

This is pretty amazing too. Love the colours and as you have used snippets for your flowers why not join us in the playground this week. Hugs Mrs A.

Steph Ackerman said...

Great card,love the colors. Thanks for joining us at OOzak.com

CarlaKH said...

Ohh this is so pretty and summery! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Samantha Casey said...

i love this, it is so pretty! Amazing job! Thanks for joining us for the Oozak Challenge!

-Samantha